Saturday, November 16, 2013

Spark Student Motivation: Homework Pass

                                              
This is Amy and this is our first time linking up with "Head Over Heals for Teaching's" Spark Student Motivation Saturday.  Over the last few weeks, I've noticed a lack of drive in my classroom.  The concepts being taught are getting harder and the demand on my students has increased.  I am constantly trying to find new ways to motivate my students.  I've used candy, spell out word motivation, extra technology time, and extra credit points (dojo points) with many of my previous classes.  I have also purchased those cute little homework pass certificates sold at The Dollar Tree and used them for students going above and beyond.  I have not attempted the homework pass approach this school year, but after viewing my homework check-off sheet, I actually don't have a problem with my classes completing homework. This week after dealing with the same students participating, answering questions, and going above and beyond; I knew I needed something to "get those hands up."  During planning, I quickly made these homework passes and started passing them out to those students who were always participating during math discussions. 
                                                          Homework Pass
By Friday, it was amazing to see the number of students participating.  You can grab these passes FREE at my TPT store!  I would love to hear how you motivate your students!!

2 comments:

  1. I love using homework passes as motivators too! I figure that if they have worked hard enough to earn it, they definitely deserve a night off!!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Homework passes work wonders! I love that you pulled it out so spontaneously! Keep them on their toes! Thanks for sharing and linking up! I hope to see you again this Saturday!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete