Friday, November 1, 2013

Five for Friday

This is Robyn and can I just say TGIF!  It is FRIDAY! It has been an exciting week!  I am linking up with Kacey from Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five For Friday!

We have been super busy in Kindergarten learning all about pumpkins and celebrating the wonderful season of Fall.  Many people think that Kindergarten is all about coloring, gluing, and crafting.  Sometimes it can be, but there is always skills that are being learned.  Today all of the Kindergarten classes had Fall Centers!  Every classroom was a little different, but we mainly focused on creating fall crafts.  These are the things that we just don’t have time for in a regular day.  We did this for an hour and a half with 5 center rotations.  I was lucky that I had help from my parapro, 3 parents, and myself.

#1: This center was a fall tree.  The students were given a tree template (my parapro drew it on copy paper) and fall color paint.  They used their thumb to make the leaves. Super cute!

IMG_4881

#2

This was a pumpkin head band.  The headband was made of poster cut into strips.  They decorated with die cut pumpkins and some felt stickers (Dollar Tree).  I hate I didn’t get a picture when they were finished!

IMG_4882

#3  The candy corn center was my favorite! They were given a template of a candy corn to cut out.  Then they tore strips of orange and yellow paper to fill in the spaces. 

IMG_4884IMG_4883

#4  This center was making a leaf wreath.  The wreath was made from a paper plate that had the center cut out.  The leaves were die cuts and glued around the perimeter.

IMG_4885

#5  This was the FOOD center!  It was definitely the one the kids could not wait to get to!  I directed this center.  I talked about what a cornucopia looked like and and their purpose.  We then put peanut butter on a Ritz cracker, topped with a Bugle, and added Runts to represent the fruit.  They LOVED it!

IMG_4886IMG_4887

The kids (and teacher) and such a great time!! Happy Friday and weekend everyone!

3 comments:

  1. All of your centers were so fun! I wish we had more time for things like this in 3rd grade! I LOVE the food center! I may borrow that one to do for Thanksgiving!
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun!!! Just glad I survived today! Whew!

    ReplyDelete